Services - Data Migration
We have a proven capability to perform complex data migrations with very low error rates where the tolerance for customer impacts is very low.
The Circini approach is business driven so all activities and impacts of the conversion are steered by a process or customer impact perspective. This achieves a smooth cutover with no surprises.
We split work across multiple streams which are run simultaneously and managed in a cohesive manner. The technical data conversion is the "central" stream around which everything else is coordinated.
An extremely detailed level of planning, right from the start, minimises the impact of the conversion. Poorly planned data migrations typically generate confusion amongst staff, as well as customers, with high error rates and complaints in the first few weeks.
Our data migration capabilities include:
- Establishing a data-map to define the translation of data from the legacy system(s) to the new system(s) along with any manipulations, validations, and criteria which need to be applied to the data as part of the translation
- Devleopment of a data-mapping framework which has been proven and refined over a number of significant data migration projects
- Developing functional specifications for the data migration routines
- Development and testing of data migration routines including the extract, validation, and load routines
- Planning and performing trial data migration tests including full dress rehearsal testing
- Planning and managing the data migration on cutover along with conversion testing and reconciliations to confirm the conversion has been completed successfully
- Providing data to various streams to ensure testing is carried out on appropriate data sets
We place high importance on the quality assurance and draft site testing phases of the project to ensure there is adequate coverage for process, systems, and data.