Develop a data map and test migration routines to understand legacy data and ensure successful transition.
“We deliver comprehensive, customer-considerate conversions every time.” - Jodie Stewart, Director.
Time-proven experience has taught us that a piecemeal approach to data migration can prove unsatisfactory. That’s why we treat all data migrations like any other IT project, adopting a system development lifecycle approach starting with a focused consultation to help:
- Define a migration strategy detailing the data transition scope and approach
- Understand the current state of your legacy data model by analysing data profiles and processes.
- Understand the future state of your data model processes and transformations
- Design and build a detailed plan for your data migration scope, including:
- Pinpointing resources, timeline and scope for your project
- Establishing a data map to define the translation of data any required manipulations, validations or applied criteria.
- Developing and test data migration routines including extract, validation and load routines
- Identifying data cleansing requirements and processes and developing and testing electronic data cleansing routines and queries.
- Ad hoc reporting
- Plan and perform trial data migration tests, including full go-live testing and trouble shooting.
- Execute migration to a carefully prepared schedule, right down to 15 minute intervals.