Deriving strong business value from technological change requires astute data migration to new agile systems. If you have a good handle on your data, that’s not as daunting as it sounds.
We can plan, manage and deploy your entire transition from legacy to new systems, drawing on specialist data migration/cutover management knowledge, methods and tools that have been continuously improved through internal communication and technical workshops during multiple complex system replacement projects.
We believe all iron-clad data migration projects should incorporate the following steps:
- Determine a broad business migration solution and data translation approach that is appropriate to your scope,
- Ensure successful data migration by creating a migration map, profiling and analyzing the quality of your legacy data, and identifying suitable data cleansing routines,
- Multiple trial data migrations and deployment dress rehearsals,
- Data migration testing should include data reconciling (not simply counts) and if possible parallel system runs; ensuring nothing is lost.
- Provide early-life system support such as triage management and issue tracking.