Data migration testing
Confirm successful transition through record reconciliation and parallel testing.
"We check no data is lost, no data left behind, and no process left unturned.” - Andrew Boswell, Director.
Circini is respected for its committed follow through on any data transition project. Confirming data has correctly moved across to the new system is an in important part of the process that can be achieved through:
- Checking what records have moved and, often more importantly, what records have stayed behind.
- Offering dashboard reporting of migration activity.
Parallel Run testing
Often, running both the legacy application and new application in parallel and comparing results can serve as an effective safety check on for instance:
- whether billing totals remain the same before and after migration,
- whether payroll totals and transactions are the same for all staff, or
- whether service changes are correctly recorded in the new application.